emacspeak with apollo 2

Hi,

Does anyone use emacspeak with apollo 2 synthesiser? I can't make them both
cooperate correctly. I use emacs 20.7 with speech servers 1.7.1 on RH 7.0.
Emacspeak doesn't speak the letters I cursor over (C-e d c doesn't help)
and, what is very strange, when I install emacspeak version higher than
12.0, it doesn't speak the mini-buffer (when I downgrade to 12.0 the problem
disappears).
Thanks in advance for any help.

Michal