Re: PDA running emacspeak

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Janina Sajka wrote:

> Would the Outloud speech work on the Sharp?

NB: in case this confuses anyone else (as it regularly confuses
me) "outloud" was a former name what is now (?) called "viavoice"
- a speech sythesizer made fairly freely available by IBM.

I don't think it's very likely this will be usable on the Sharp
(or most other PDAs); as far as I know it has not been released
in source form, so we are reliant on IBM to port it to particular
executable platforms.  Last time I looked I think that amounted
to X86 processors running Windows or Linux.  But maybe someone
else has better information?

Regards,

- Barry.