Re: OT: emacs with jaws

Hi. I really don't think what you are suggesting is really off
topic. Why? We all have our favorite OS's and platforms we like to use
and there's no real reason why we couldn't all have emacspeak under
those OS's.

How to deal with the problem at hand is sort of involved.

First of all, emacs itself will have to be ported to windows. If you
have such a version of emacs, you're on the way. Next, you would have
to port emacspeak to windows. In order to do this, you would have to
have the source code for all the pieces of emacspeak. These are
available at:

http://emacspeak.sourceforge.net

Now, after you have all this, you need to be sure that the windows
port of emacs itself is working properly because a great deal of what
goes with emacspeak is in emacs's own programming language called
emacs-lisp.

You will also need a working version of TCL on your machine. This is
because part of the emacspeak scripting is in this language as well.

Now comes the real trick. You will need to write a speech server for
emacspeak which would drive the speech equipment you have. If you are
using a software synthesizer, you will have to contact the
manufacturer or someone who is familiar with this program and find out
how to write the server. When all this is done, as far as I know, it
should work. If not, perhaps someone else might help you with the
rest.

I know nothing about either JAWS or Windows because I have never used
either of these products. I just hope that this little bit of info
will help you in your attempt to get this to work. You are right. It
will look good to do this in front of your friends.

Sincerely:

--
Doug Smith: The Righteousness of GOD,
Son of GOD,