Re: PDF feature form.

I visited Adobe's web site this morning, where I found the PDF
Reference, 3rd ed.,, which describes version 1.4 of the PDF format. Of
particular interest to anyone who wants to develop software for making
PDF files accessible under Linux are the following sections of the
specification:

9.5 Marked content
9.6 Logical structure
9.7 Tagged PDF
9.8 Accessibility support

Of course it would also be necessary to read earlier chapters of the
book describing PDF file structure, which, however, programs such as
XPDF/pdftotext are already designed to process.

Thus I think this would be a viable project for an experienced
programmer who has some spare time to contribute.

One could either convert the PDF document into XML and then perform an
additional conversion using XSLT under Emacspeak to create an HTML
document for browsing with Emacs/W3, or convert to HTML directly by
mapping the standard structure elements to HTML.