Re: deleting last few start up sounds: "via IB..." "loading /" howis this done?

            Hello jonathan,

I suggest the following sequence of commands for loading emacspeak
from your ~/.emacs file. It also turns off the standard emacspeak
startup message so that it won't be necessary to modify and recompile
emacspeak sources.

(setq emacspeak-speak-messages nil)
(load "emacspeak-setup")
(add-hook 'emacs-startup-hook
	  (lambda ()
	    (setq emacspeak-speak-messages t)
	    (emacspeak-speak-mode-line)))

jc> Anyone know how to get rid of these two short bursts?
jc> thanks again

jc> If I wrote a short howto on cleaning up the start up sounds where
jc> could it be kept?

jc> --
jc> j.chetwynd@xxxxxxxxxxx

jc> http://www.peepo.com "enjoy surfing the net"