Re: emacspeak and unprivileged accounts

Hi. I will be glad to offer an opinion here. My system is similarly
configured, but with only one difference. It is configured such that,
when I log in, I can log into my unpriviliged account, which is what I
normally do each time I use my rig. When I want to go into any other
account, I just su there and all's well that runs well.

What you will probably have to do is, as in my case, start out in the
account where the instance of emacspeak actually works. After this,
just work there remembering that, in your case, that you're root. It
might be possible to type exit to the shell and cancel out one of the
two. I don't know if you'll go back to root or not. I know that I have
mine set up to start automatically when I enter my non-proviliged
account and I can change to root if necessary and it works fine. I
don't exactly know how this is set up, but I might be able to find
out. If so, I might be able to help more.

Sincerely:

--
Doug Smith: The Righteousness of GOD,
Son of GOD,