Re: Seeking Help to Install Emacspeak for Friend

Emacspeak uses extended TCL, which means you need the tclx package. It
is unfortunate this becomes so confusing because the standard tcl
interpreter is called tclsh while the extended one is called tcl. Many
users get confused by this.

Tim
Yvonne Smith writes:
> I'm no expert with redhat anymore, and I've never really had any trouble
> installing emacspeak, but you'll need to install both tcl and tclx to
> get emacspeak to work. The fact that tcl isn't found sounds to me like
> you haven't got either. Type tcl at a prompt and if it doesn't load
> anything, that's what's going on. INstall both the tcl and tclx rpm's
> and any dependencies and then give it another try.

Tim Cross
mailto: tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx
phone: +61 2 6772 5973
mobile: 0412 969193