Re: Incomplete Sentences

This sound to me like you may need to increase the interrupt priority
of your sound card so that it becomes more responsive. There is a
program called irqtune which will allow you to do this - search for it
with google.

Also, make sure your running the latest viavoice (I think its 5.1). The
earlier versions had some problems which resulted in the synthesizer
dying after when trying to speak long chunks of text.

How fast is your system and how much memory does it have. ViaVoice
certainly seems to work better once you have 128 Mb of ram or
more. I've also found it works better with better quality sound
cards. Also, speeding u the speech may help (if you can understand it)
as the buffers get flushed more quickly and are less likely to get
filled. For ViaVoice, I've also found the faster the system the
better. On an older 128Mhz system, I found sotwre synth was just way
too slow.

Tim

--
Tim Cross