Re: Incomplete Sentences

Hello Patrick,
   I did a little bit of research into Linux support of this NeoMagic sound card.
It appears that a driver for this card has been included in the linux kernel since kernel
version 2.2.13, but that there are some problems with it. It was written by
educated guesses as to how the soundchip works, not with specifications supplied by
the manufacturer.  One of the problems is that the video card and the sound card share
memory and there were some problems with  X-windows interfering with the sound.
Are you running this system under X or are you running from a plain shell?

Also as others have suggested the driver may run differently (maybe better) with an older kernel.
Try using RedHat 7.0 which installs with the older 2.2 kernel.

Good Luck,
Bill Barry