steiosynth

Hello,

Success at last!  Now, I have a working emacs, emacspeak, w3, and
outloud.  I removed all things emacs from this RedHat 7.2 system, and
started with a clean emacs-20.7.  Also, I followed a "recipe" for
installation I found on RedHat's site.  I'm left with w3-s known
oddities.  There may be more, but I've yet to discover them.  One
question:

I got the tarball containing the stdiosynth source from the blinux
archive.  Where do I get the required library "oss", and where do I
put the binary after compiling, so emacspeak will know where to find
it.  This synth program is used to make the audio icons?

Thanks all,

-Dave