Re: emacspeak 15.0 unresponsive.

did you read http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/emacspeak/install-guide/

if so you may have missed 3 vital actions, I often do....

from 4.6

Using the cd command, change directories to the /etc directory and open your
profile file with your favorite text editor (you must be root to edit the
profile). Scroll to the bottom of the file, then add the following two
lines:

   export DTK_PROGRAM
   DTK_PROGRAM=name of your speech server

(outloud in my case, this is if you using viavoice)

also from 3.3

if you are using  viavoice did you download and install  stdiom from
http://www.leb.net/pub/blinux/emacspeak/blinux/

then from 5

cp path/stdiosynth /usr/bin

Hope this works for you

thanks

jonathan chetwynd

http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still the best picture directory
on the web"
http://www.learningdifficulty.org.uk "Our guide to helping people with a
learning difficulty get the most from the web"