Re: IBM VIAVOICE TTS for Linux?

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 10:11:27AM +0100, jonathan chetwynd wrote:
> are you following the instructions on this page:
> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Info/People/raman/emacspeak/install-guide/ ?
>
> if so there is an appendix B or 8 which should have what you want.

"Appendix B: Installing ViaVoice TTS" Gives the following information.
Quoting from the URL:
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Info/People/raman/emacspeak/install-g
          uide/appendixb.html

"8.1. Downloading ViaVoice

   First,  you  must download the ViaVoice Software Development Kit
(SDK)
   and the Run Time Kit (RTK), as described in the following steps.

    1. Go to IBM's ViaVoice TTS website at
       [6]http://www-4.ibm.com/software/speech/dev/ttssdk_linux.html.
    2. Scroll  down  to the Downloads section, and click on the
Downloads
       link.  You will be asked to provide a username and password
before
       you download anything."

the following information and I quote;

"   ViaVoice Developer's Corner

   IBM offers speech development environments for many platforms. Our
   current SDKs are: WebSphere Voice Server SDK , ViaVoice for Mac SDK ,
   ViaVoice SDK for Windows , ViaVoice TTS SDK for Windows and ViaVoice
   SDK, Java Technology Edition. For additional information please visit
   our [23]Developers Corner.  "

I do not see anything about downloading the Linux adition of the
software on this page.

Doug

--
Doug Lawlor <dlawlor@xxxxxxxxxxx>