New to Linux and Emacs

Hello all,
I was on this list about twelve months ago but because of the lack of
suitable hardware decided to wait for a while before installing Linux.  Now
that I've eventually got as far as installing a working and talking version
of Red Hat I would now like to experiment with Emacspeak.  Do do this it
would be handy if I could unpack the emacspeak-16.0.tar file that I've
downloaded.  I also would like to know how to run it threw the Apolo2
synthesizer.  I don't know what else I'll have to know so any information
that is useful for a newby would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Darragh
P.S. have I downloaded the right file?