another question about making emacspeak work

Hello list,

When I boot up I use Speakup do I have to tally shut that down in order for
Emacspeak to work?  Cause what I have tried so far is putting the two lines
required in the profile file.  I also re-installed it and chose the correct
synth which is `10 Doubletalk lt.  I have started emacspeak and it says "no
voice something available".  I am not on the linux box here right now.  I
think it is looking either for the driver and/or the speech server but not
sure.  Can anyone help out please.  Thanks much.

Scott Berry
Msn: electronicman1960@xxxxxxxxxxx
Yahoo Messenger: electronicman1960
If you are interested in scanning and you are blind please come join our
police scanner list.  To subscribe send a message to:
mailto:blindscanner-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx