More on Flash and Emacspeak

Hi

Thanks for all the comments about Flash and Emacspeak. I take the point
about commercial software and the problems with JAWS. I want to take up some
of the advice about SVG and SMIL, as they seem more integrated solution.

I developed a site mentioned earlier as a research project. I used cold
fussion and JavaScript to change aural styles sheets. From the comments it
won’t work with emacspeak and JAWS of cause doesn't support aural style
sheets. The inclusion of Flash for audio narration was a "backup" in case
the aural style sheets method didn't work. Unfortunately I couldn't get
Emacspeak working in time so I couldn't test and develop alternatives. The
site does not rely on flash tough. The audio content in the flash movie is
the text on the page spoken by a voice actor. I don't believe that
multimedia should ever be used as an alternative to text content.

Daryl Croke.

darylallan@xxxxxxxxxxx