Re: software dectalk

Hello, Anne.

The Dectalk Software costs $50.00 Us, and can be gotten from the owner
Phonix.
However, those of us who own Dectalk Software are having library problems
getting the libraries to link properly.
Even worse Phonix charges for the SDK, and thus we have to purchase it if
we wish to build the Dectalk Software ourselves.
After doing some tinkering I gave up, and decided to go with eflite for
software speech. It doesn't have the library linking problem as with
Viavoice or the Dectalk Software.
Even better eflite can be ported to FreeBSD giving me software speech on
both Linux and FreeBSD.
Lastly emacspeak combind with flite is totally free. So it suits my needs
at this point.
When a solution comes out for the Dectalk problem perhaps I'll go back to
seeing if I can get it going.

Hth.