Re: sound problem possibly tcl error

I had a similar problem (but a different symbol name).  Turns
out that if you link g++ code with the command name "gcc"
(even though it's the same binary) it doesn't add the g++
library by default.

I added the line:

CC=g++

right after the line that says:

TTS=tcleci.so eci.ini VIAVOICE

in the Makefile.  This solved the problem for me by causing make
to link using g++ instead of gcc.

You have to "make clean" and then "make" after making this change.

Good Luck!

-Eric