sound problem possibly tcl error

Hello, I'm trying to install emacspeak with viavoice and can't
get past one problem.  I can execute viavoice from the
command line but when emacspeak is started no sound occurs.
No errors are reported by emacspeak.

I've tried running all the diagnostic tests and they indicate
the driver "outloud" isn't working.  After typing "tcl outloud"
the following error is reported:

Error: couldn't load file /linux-outloud/tcleci.so undefined symbol
__gxx_personality_v0 while executing load $tclTTS/tcleci.so
(file outloud line 290)

Does this make sense to anyone?

At first i thought it was a compile problem and tried to remake
tcleci but the compile had problems?

jeff