Re: .gnus problem with emacspeak

I have encountered situations where problems in loading or initializing
emacspeak would cause problems with the initialization of other packages
(specifically, I had a problem with w3 and the infamous "Process speaker
not running" with eflite).  Perhaps you should inspect your *messages*
buffer to make sure that there aren't any errors being reported in the
initialization of packages.