Re: Wanting to get started with EmacSpeak

Hi, you may want to start with:
emacspeak.sourceforge.net

On that site there is page that talks about what applications are speech
enabled, and has a link where you can find some of them.
There are  three software speech systems supported, flite, Dectalk
Software, and Viavoice.
If you are conciddering using the Dectalk Spoftware I would strongly
suggest going with Red Hat. It has a large base of applications, and the
problems with the Dectalk Software is less a headache than with the
unsuported distributions such as Slackware.
Of course, I am a big Red Hat fan, and have used it since version 6.2, and
probably won't change now. Lol!