Dtk-soft and additional languages

Hi all,

as someone here ever try to use dtk-soft with emacspeak but not in english
language ? If so, which language do you try : uk, german, spanish , french
?
I ask you because I encounter problem using the french language. The server
compilation works fine but when I start Emacspeak and try to read a text
file using the up and down arrows the TTS react very slowly,  too slow to
use it to work !  for example, when I press the down arrow key to read the
following line in the text I must wait two or three seconds before the TTS
begin to speak !  I  made tests on two machines an amd K6/2 and an athlon
1.3ghz and on two distros, the Debian unstable and the Mandrake : the
problem is always the same.

So it will be interresting to know if the problem encountered with french
language exists with others languages or not !
And if you tried another language how do you proceed to install it ?
Perhaps I made something wrong when adding french support ?

Best regards,

--
Nath