Dectalk software instructions???

Hi, list. Ok, I just downloaded the Dectalk software demo from the Fonix
site, but from there I am clueless what do do about getting it setup with
emacspeak.
I'm using the Red Hat 8.0 distribution so libraries should be pretty
compatible, but I need some detailed directions on where I should put the
dectalk files, what export lines I need, etc.
Also do they have some sort of commandline test application for this
thing? The only test app they have seams to be this gtk+ app which
doesn't talk worth a crap.
Any suggestions, comments, help? Thanks.