Re: unable to get emacspeak running with outloud - not fully

Thanks, Thomas. That helped!!! Plus, I had to turn off
the aRTs server from the KDE control panel.

Now I am able to hear emacspeak read out the text.
However, I ran into another problem:

After the initial message (This is emacspeak...)
finishes, and I hit a C-h C-e, emacspeak hangs!!! When
I hit C-g, I get the help text in the window, but no
reading :-(.

And, when I restart emacspeak and hit the C-h C-e
combination *before* the initial message finishes, I
can hear the help text being read out (I discovered
this by accident)!!

But after this, I cannot get emacspeak to read any
other text.

I'm wondering if the sound device is not getting
released...

Plus, the reading speed far too high to understand
anything. But I guess this can wait until after I can
actually get emacspeak to read any document of my
choice.

If someone can figure this one out too, that'll be
great.

Thanks once again.
Anand