Re: unable to get emacspeak running with outloud - not fully

Hi, I see two problems here. In order to correct
this problem you have to properly load the viavoice outloud server.
You can do this this in one of two ways. The first is load emacspeak with
the -o option such as:
emacspeak -o
The second is set the DTK_TCL export variables in your /etc/profile.
Which will then load outloud automatically and stop these hangs.
One other thing is you will want to set the default speech rate in your
.emacs file.
It would look like:
(setq outloud-dtk-default-speech-rate "75")

Hth.