emacspeak enabled applications.

Matt,

The availability of applications all depends on your installation and
whether you are talking about an emacs native application which comes
with emacs, one which can be added and isn't standard with the base
emacs installation or an interface to an external application.

As an example, eshell - the emacs shell is part of the standard emacs
distribution with emacs 21, but in emacs 20 it was an additional
package you had to install independently of the emacs
install. Programs like aumix and mpg123 are stand alone programs which
you have to install seperatly and which have interfaces available for
eamcs - the aumixer interface is part of emacspeak and mpg123.el is an
additional elisp package.

Working out which packages mentioned are emacs packages, part of
standard emacs, additional emacs packages or stand alone programs can
be a bit tricky. the keys C-h p provide a finder mode which allows you
to find installed emacs packages by keyword. However, I just tried it
on my system and it does not appear to be working - not sure if this
is due to the bits of hacking I've been doing or if its a bit broken
though.

With respect to your reference to eterm - the command M-x term
actually runs the eterm terminal emulator. Note that there are some
problems using this under X windows though. To move around in the
eterm buffer, use the emacs movement keys and not the arrow keys. I
believe this is a key mapping problem arising from the difference in
keyborad input handling between X windows and a console - it works
well under the console though. The xmodmap program can probably be
used to address this problem under X, but as I hardly ever use eterm,
I've not bothered looking into it very much.

HTH

Tim

 Mirabella,> All.  On the page at
 Mirabella,> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Info/People/raman/emacspeak/applications.html
 Mirabella,> where emacspeak enabled applications are mentioned in the
 Mirabella,> list...  Speech-enabled applications on the Emacspeak
 Mirabella,> audio desktop.  Multimedia aumix Emacspeak front-end for
 Mirabella,> configuring the auditory display.  cd-tool etc. etc.

 Mirabella,> Are all of these are automatically availabel with
 Mirabella,> emacspeak, and if not, is there an easy way to see how
 Mirabella,> many of them I have?

 Mirabella,> there are a few confusing elements to this.  eg. it
 Mirabella,> states: eterm Speech-enabled terminal client for running
 Mirabella,> full-screen applications like VI, Lynx and PINE.

 Mirabella,> however, i am able to run M-x term... i can't seem to
 Mirabella,> find anything called eterm.  so it seems that either
 Mirabella,> there are some missing, or the list on the page mentioned
 Mirabella,> here is not a list using the actual program (command)
 Mirabella,> names.

 Mirabella,> any clarity to my confusion here is appreciated.

 Mirabella,> Mat.

 Mirabella,> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your
 Mirabella,> address on the emacspeak list send mail to
 Mirabella,> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject of
 Mirabella,> "unsubscribe" or "help"

--
Tim Cross