Re: Dectalk RT for Linux, redhat 8, emacspeak!

1. No, you don't need other software from fonix. Only the DECtalk RT for
linux is necessary.
Concerning an eventual response from fonix, I confirm, it's very difficult
to obtain responses from them !
2.  I think your DECtalk installation is good because when you invoke "say"
the tts speaks.
3. Have you tried to run the emacspeak speech server itself in order to
test it before running Emacspeak ? The file is named dtk-soft and is
located in the servers directory. So if you have installed emacspeak in the
defaults paths the command is the following :
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/dtk-soft
Run this command and tell us the result.
and to run emacspeak, have you typed emacspeak -d on the command line ? The
"-d" option is used specially to tell emacspeak that the speech server is
the DECtalk software. Alternatively you can initalize the DTK_PROGRAM
environment variable as follow for bash shell :
export DTK_PROGRAM=dtk-soft

Good luck !

--
Nath