Re: misc. bootstrap questions

Hi, as far as midi support goes that is only required if you want to play
back midi files. All sound cards have midi ability, but not all the Linux
drivers have midi support compiled into the module. The Alsa project
attempts to include midi support in their drivers, and depending on the
oss driver oss modules have some midi support.
If memory sserves me correctly 233 mhz is the bare minimum for Viavoice
Outloud according to the outloud documentation. My rule of thumb is go as
fast as you can go without breaking yourself financially.
As far disk space and memory goes it all depends if you later plan to
install x-windows on your system with the new gnome 2.2 desktop and
something like gnopernicus, staroffice, and things like that which are
slowly but surely  becoming more accesible to us.