emacspeak-lynx saying odd stuff

I have a job interview Friday as a web developer and my interviewer asked
if I needed any accomodations for demoing the applications I'd written. I
said no but it occurs to me that maybe I could blow them away if I could
bring in my linux laptop and browse the web via emacspeak-lynx.

Only problem is that it doesn't work. People tell me that it looks right on
the screen but all I hear is it reading the menu at the bottom of the page
and then it says "list" each time I press the up or down arrow keys. I'm
told it's moving between links but it's not reading them. If I press the
right arrow, it follows the link like it supposed to but then it just reads
the menu at the bottom of the screen again and says "list" each time I
press the up or down arrow.

I'm using emacspeak 16.0 with Outloud on a Gateway laptop running SUSE 8.0.