Re: Software DEC Talk

Something very curious and probably unique to my hardware.

I now have the DEC Talk software synth working with Emacspeak 17 and ALSA over Red Hat 8.0. On the other hand, I cannot get it working properly over OSS on my
installation of Phoebe. It chatters, but sounds like Mickey Mouse. I have the same problem with Festival which ALSA also resolves.

In any case, it's nice to see Emacspeak working with software speech over ALSA. Now, if I can just get ALSA working with Phoebe and/or the upcoming Red Hat 9.0!