w3 error

Hi.
I've loaded w3-4.pre.47. when I try to start w3 with Mx w3, I get the followin error message:

set-face-attribute: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

I've been going 5hrough the customization buffers looking for an error, but can't find anything. I don't have a ~/.w3/profile file, and the only w3 stuff in my .emacs file is:

(autoload 'w3 "w3" "interface for w3 on Emacs." t)
(setq load-path (cons "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp" load-path))
(condition-case () (require 'w3-auto "w3-auto") (error nil))

 '(w3-default-homepage "http://www.google.com"))

Does anyone know what this error refers to?

Thanks,
Marty