A question.

Adam is coming right along.  Coaching him by phone this evening, he got
on-line for the first time without my presence.

This evening's apt-get update / upgrade brought in updates to over half of
the packages on this Debian machine.  I then did an:
	apt-get install w3-lisp-e21,
	apt-get install w3-doc-el and
	apt-get install vm

which re-installed my entire emacs / emacspeak system with browser and mail
reader.  When I was through with that process, the tutorials were suddenly
a part of my Info tree, accessible from C-h i.  That was a major
breakthrough for me.

Still, I have another question tonight:

When I invoke a shell from emacs or emacspeak, using M-x shell, my use of
the ls command results in spurious extra characters showing up in the
listing which make it difficult to discern what the contents of the
directory listed out in the buffer is.  How do I configure my installation
so that does not happen?

All help is appreciated.  Thanks.

-- Hugh