TCL not working

Dear Listers,

After joggling with my sound setup a while, the emacspeak stopped talking. I  got a beep and a "process not speaking" error message.

I tried starting tcl with parameter outloud. I got message saying about stdiosynth "no such file or directory". and a message saying "segmentation fault"

I confirmed that stdiosynth is in /usr/bin and readable/executable. Starting stdiosynth on the command line gives:

stdiosynth: /lib/ld-linux.so.1: Bad ELF interpreter: no such file or directory.

What am I missing? The things I did with my sound setup was trying to use Alsa and OSS for getting the auditory icons working. Sndconfig install my card alright and the sound works in X.

All help appreciated,

Yours sincerely,

Kari Ojala