Re: espeakf experiences (was Re: Best advice for new user)

   I've tried installing espeakf from CVS and activating it using
   Robert J. Chassell's script (which worked fine with eflite, only
   modification required was renaming /usr/bin to /usr/local/bin).

What did you need to rename from /usr/bin/ to /usr/local/bin/?  Should
I describe it?  I build CVS snapshots of Emacs in /usr/local/bin/, but
my emacspeak scripts are in /usr/bin/.  On second thought, the scripts
should be in /usr/local/bin/.  However, I do not plan to change them
unless pressed.

   I experienced a weird behavior: it wouldn't say words, letters, or
   numbers, but it would say correctly characters like '/' (slash) and
   '.' (dot)

That is strange.  I cannot reproduce the behavior.  I just tested the
following using espeakf and, after setting dtk-set-punctuations to
all, I heard everything:

    word 12 34 l m n / .

Best wishes.

    http://www.teak.cc                             bob@xxxxxxxxxxx