Re: Rewrite of "advice for new user"

   Hi, Bob! Indeed, you're doing a wonderful job! I find it very
   useful. But i found a mistake in your essay. You actually wrote:

   `Control-h s'
        Stop speech.

   To stop speech one should use `control-e s'.

Woops!  You are right!  And I have looked at that statement several
times and never seen the problem.  I have changed the Texinfo source
on my machine.

I cannot change it in the CVS respository to which you you have
access, but hope to be able to within a few days.

   Again, i like what you are doing, and it inspired me to do something
   similar for russian users of Emacspeak.

Great!

Also, Pierre Lorenzon <lorenzon@xxxxxxxxxxx-psud.fr> just wrote that he has

    made emacspeak speak both French and English with the festival
    speech synthesizer and the Mbrola voices.

Could you do that for Russian?  I last studied Russian in 1964 and
have forgotten almost everything.  I would love to listen to Russian
and perhaps relearn it.  For me the key would be listening and
learning the proper stresses (as well as relearning vocabulary).

Earlier today, I passed on Pierre Lorenzon's message to some people
in Costa Rica.  I suggested they do the same for Spanish as he did
for French.

Do you know anyone who is good at Mandarin Chinese and knows
Emacspeak?

GNU Emacs can handle Chinese characters, either simplified or
traditional, using a variety of input methods.  It would be nice to be
able to listen to Chinese.  I would like to learn a little bit.

(Then I would start talking about the Emacs Flashcard program that
Lars Huttar wrote in the early 1990s.  At one point, I extended it to
provide phrases rather than words.  At that time I was trying to learn
an experimental, constructed language called Lojban.  Flashcard mode
tailors the drill it provides according to the user's past
performance.  Emacspeak could help people learn languages.  Flashcard
mode is not a standard part of Emacs, but it is under the GPL.)

    http://www.teak.cc                             bob@xxxxxxxxxxx