[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Error when building Emacspeak 18.0
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Error when building Emacspeak 18.0
- From: Barak Zalstein <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 04:14:35 -0400
- Resent-Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 21:30:03 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"nzJWXC.A.KjE.mTFv-"@hub>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20030225
>>>>> "BZ" == Barak Zalstein <Barak.Zalstein@parthusceva.com> writes:
BZ> The problem was that on a "default" RedHat installation
(workstation instead of server/customized)
BZ> The file cus-dep.elc is installed but not the file cus-dep.el .
BZ> One solution was to install Emacs from source.
BZ> Another solution was to upgrade the distribution and install all the
packages (something I should have
BZ> done in the first place), which solved many many issues.
BZ> Please check the archive from the last few days for details.
One question comes to mind: why does Emacspeak require the source
version of cus-dep instead of compiled one? Didn't you try to replace
-l cus-dep.el with -l cus-dep in the makefile?
From my ignorant point of view Emacspeak doesn't need neither of them.
In order to validate this I did few little changes (I'm gonna burn
for this) which include (please don't read this):
* downloads/emacspeak-18.0/lisp/Makefile: comment out
comment out emacspeak-cus-load.elc rule.
Also eliminate from config rule.
Also eliminate from DEPS flags.
* downloads/emacspeak-18.0/lisp/emacspeak-autoload.el (autoload):
remove (load-library "cus-dep")
comment region of emacspeak-auto-generate-custom-loads .
* remove emacspeak.elc .
* downloads/emacspeak-18.0/lisp/Makefile (AUX_OBJECTS): remove
emacspeak-tetris.elc: emacspeak-tetris.el dtk-speak.elc
(emacspeak-finder-package-info): comment out the emacspeak-tetris.el
* downloads/emacspeak-18.0/lisp/emacspeak.el: comment out
(emacspeak-do-package-setup "tetris" 'emacspeak-tetris)
* downloads/emacspeak-18.0/lisp/Makefile (cus-load.elc): use that
instead of cus-load.el .
(emacspeak-cus-load.el): change to elc.
And what do you know? make clean, make config, make emacspeak, make install
work. emacspeak-eflite works.
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
Emacspeak Files |
Unsubscribe | Search