Re: Newbie?

From: "Guy Abandon." <text.tools@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Newbie?
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 17:27:20 +0100

text.tools> Hi,
text.tools>
text.tools> I'm a newbie to the list and ditto to linux and especially Emacspeak.
text.tools>
text.tools> I'm a so-called IT Technician, but that is stepping users through the
text.tools> vagaries of Win2000, ditto office/outlook/anything they have to click.
text.tools>
text.tools> I did Unix via a terminal at Uni' 10 or so years ago and not had
text.tools> practice since.  I didn't grow up in the web environment either, so it
text.tools> isn't my strong suit...   yet I suppose I should add.
text.tools> However, I would first appreciate, if I could so impose on the
text.tools> generosity of a kind soul here; for a .txt copy of the FAQ for this
text.tools> list or as I know exists, Emacspeak in particular.
text.tools>
text.tools> I don't mind ftp as I can script that, even in this Windows. Details
text.tools> of an ftp download site would be most useful too.
text.tools>
text.tools> I have a machine ready to install on, have a CD set of Slackware 9
text.tools> which appears to have a copy of Emacspeak under the "Extras" folder,
text.tools> but can't determine what version.  I have also pulled off, ok, Mrs
text.tools> pulled off a recent copy of Festival from Edinburgh University, so I
text.tools> am hoping I have enough to get a working system...   working?
text.tools>
text.tools> Please - confirm, deny or otherwise advise as you see fit; tia.
text.tools>
text.tools> GA!
text.tools>
text.tools>
text.tools>
text.tools> .....     or someone very like me!
text.tools>
text.tools> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
text.tools> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
text.tools> emacspeak list send mail to "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a
text.tools> subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"
text.tools>
Hi,

Personally I developed an interface between emacspeak and
Festival. I don't really know if ther exist other ones.
If you want to use this interface you should have the
Festival and Emacspeak sources and only the build version.
Thus certain patches must be applied to the
both softwares to make them working together. If you are
interested in this solution please look at the

http://www.pollock-nageoire.net/festival/

page where you will found a installing utility which
will allow you to make the operations :
downloading, patching and building easily.

Please notice that this solution in still in development and
will be soon improved. Notice as well that the future
improvements will not require from you that you install all
the system again ! Because this installation is
very long.

Best Regards

Pierre