Does anybody maintain MBrola_Server for Emacspeak ?

Phil's,

I used to maintain the mbrola server package.  I have done no work on
it for many years now.  i started using the IBM viavoice software as
an alternative.

As there are increasing problems with binary incompatibilities  with
viavoice, not to mention the fact that it is no longer distributed I
have recently been considering revitalising the mbrola server stuff
for emacspeak.

If there are others out there that are also interested please let me
know.

There is quite a bit of work that is required to get voice changes
working well.  I think it is doable though.

Let me know what you've done so far and perhaps we can work together
on getting things back in a workable state.  As i recall 1.4 is very
flaky.

Bart