Does anybody maintain MBrola_Server for Emacspeak ?

I'd like to interface Emacspeak with a french phonetizer (Lia_Phon) and
I found out that Mbrola_server 1.4beta could be a rather good candidate
to achieve this task.
But I have some patches to suggest for the SoftSpeech Emacspeak server
included in Mbrola_server which has been developed in Paderborn
University and does not seem to have been updated since 1999.

Does anybody knows more about this software and how to contact its
present maintainer ... if any ?

Regards.
--
Phil