still struggling with emacspeak-daisy

am still working on this but am hoping somebody else will know what I'm
missing.
I can get into daisy-mode by doing emacspeak-daisy-mode. Though sometimes
this works and sometimes it doesn't and I haven't yet figured out what the
determining factor is.
But when I do x-e x-b I get a beep and the
following message:
wrong number of arguments: #[(prompt&optional dir default filename must
match initial)
I've tried changing the default-directory for daisy books in
emacspeak-customize; even tried making it blank hoping I'd be prompted for
one but I get the same message.
am using cvs emacspeak.

--
Cheryl