Re: emacspeak/festival/mbrola

Hi Nickolas,

Exuse-me for answering so late to your mail.
Indeed I do not know if festival itself allows to control the
volume of the system. I do not think so since I
never saw something like that reading the doc.
So you have to control the volume of your
sound system with an external utility. For alsa there
is the alsamixer and for oss some thing similar.
But I must confess that these utilities are not easily used
with emacspeak. There is a possibility inside emacspeak
for controlling the mixer but unfortunately I never
understood how it functions.

Bests

Pierre