Re: Install issues Debian-Eflite on Toshiba 1625 CDT

Mr. White:

Thank you for your help.
/usr/bin/flite reads a file just fine from a shell prompt.

hesco@xxxxxxxxxxx:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers$ ls -l | grep
^-..x
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        11384 Mar 16  2003 dtk-exp
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        14738 Mar 16  2003 dtk-mv
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         7168 Mar 16  2003 outloud
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         1885 Mar 16  2003 remote-tcl
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         2026 Mar 16  2003 speech-server
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         9067 Mar 16  2003 tts-lib.tcl
hesco@xxxxxxxxxxx:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers$

marcus:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers# ./speech-server
test.txt
./speech-server: puts: command not found
./speech-server: puts: command not found
./speech-server: dup: command not found
./speech-server: dup: command not found
./speech-server: dup: command not found
./speech-server: close: command not found
./speech-server: [lindex: No such file or directory
marcus:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers#

So, I guess it failed that test.
Was that the right script to test?
Should there be one named eflite?

env shows no environmental variable called DTK_PROGRAM.
Is that how I would look for it?

How should I proceed next?

-- Hugh