Re: apt-get emacspeak?

Hi John,

To install DECtalk software with emacspeak installed from apt-get, I
think the answers to the debconf questions are not important. so you can
answer what you want (for example you can choose all the default
answers).
The only important thing you must do is to initialize the DTK_PROGRAM
environment variable with "dtk-soft" So you must indicate for example
the following in your emacspeak startup script :
DTK_PROGRAM=dtk-soft
export DTK_PROGRAM

Normally after that it will work ...

John Heim <jheim@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am trying to set up a debian woody system with DECTalk software and
> emacspeak.
>
> I successfully installed the DECTalk softeare, 'say' works. And then I
> did apt-get emacspeak . It downloaded emacspeak and seemed to run some
> kind of installation script. But it asked me what kind of speech I was
> using and it gave me 3 options,
> 1) DECTalk Express
> 2) DECTalk Multivoice
> 3) DECTalk 3
>
> I have DECTalk software so I selected the "other" option. But then it
> asked me a series of questions I didn't know the answer to. I googled
> for instructions but found nothing on what to do if you're installing
> via apt-get. Any ideas?
>
> If I say emacspeak -d it errors out with waht appears to be an emacs
> (not emacspeak) error message. In other words, I think it's taking the
> -d switch to be an emacs switch not an emacspeak switch.

Nath