Re: tcldtk.so, Debian Woody, a favor to ask

Hi,

as I said preeviously, I ever got DECtalk wooorking with emacspeak on
Debian Woody so dave it will be possible for you to do the same ... But
you seem not to be lucky :-)
I wrote to you privatly to propose you something else in order to try to
solve your problem ...

Jason White <jasonw@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Dave Hunt writes:
>  > Hello,
>  >
>  > Anyone who's been following this list knows of my troubles building
>  > the shared library that works with the DECtalk software speech
>  > emacspeak server in emacspeak 17.  The Linux distro in question is
>  > Debian Woody.  I'm wondering if someone who has this server working in
>  > Woody would be willing to send me his/her working "dtktcl.so", and
>  > tell me where it should be placed.
>
> As has been stated here a number of times, software DECTALK doesn't
> run reliably under Debian 3.0, aka Woody, but it does work,
> reportedly, under Debian unstable.
>
> I suggest that you upgrade your system before continuing.
>
> You might also, with profit, search the mailing list archive for prior
> discussion of this topic.

Nath