Re: CVS version of Emacspeak Still Breaks

Also note that your not the only one having problems. Jim reported he
couldn't get it to compile either. Keeping in mind that the CVS
version is a work in progress, it is possible something is not quite
right and yu will either have to debug it yourself or wait until Raman
has the time to fix it.

Tim

 Steve> This all happened with a brand new CVS download on Friday
 Steve> morning; has something changed since then? When I did the make
 Steve> config, I had just completed the CVS checkout for the first
 Steve> time.  I had not specified any src directories as I didn't
 Steve> think I needed to.

 Steve> On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 12:43:20PM +1100, Tim Cross wrote:
 >>  Before doing the make config, try doing a make clean, then do
 >>
 >> make config SRC=`pwd` make
 >>
 >> If that doesn't work, totally wipe out your cvs-emacspeak
 >> directory and download the sources again. If you have made any
 >> changes to any of the lisp files in the distribution directory and
 >> then do a download, all the files may not have been updated as CVS
 >> may think they are later versions. Removing everything (or moving
 >> it sideways under a different root) will force a full download.
 >>
 >> Tim

 Steve> I just pulled down the latest version of emacspeak yesterday
 Steve> and did a make config with no problems but when I did the make
 Steve> step, I got the following error and the build failed.  I then
 Steve> removed emacspeak-websearch.elc and dependencies from the
 Steve> Makefile and then the build finished successfully.  This rings
 Steve> similar to the problem with the prod 19.0 version.  -----
 Steve> Begin make.log ----- cd lisp; make
 Steve> SRC=/home/steve/cvs/emacspeak make[1]: Entering directory
 Steve> `/home/steve/cvs/emacspeak/lisp' emacs -batch -q -no-site-file
 Steve> -l /home/steve/cvs/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-load-path.el -l
 Steve> /home/steve/cvs/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-loaddefs.el -l
 Steve> /home/steve/cvs/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-cus-load.el -f
 Steve> batch-byte-compile emacspeak-websearch.el While compiling
 Steve> toplevel forms in file
 Steve> /home/steve/cvs/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-websearch.el: !!
 Steve> Symbol's value as variable is void ((w3-mode-map)) Done
 Steve> make[1]: *** [emacspeak-websearch.elc] Error 1 make[1]:
 Steve> Leaving directory `/home/steve/cvs/emacspeak/lisp' make: ***
 Steve> [emacspeak] Error 2 ----- End make.log -----

 Steve> -- HolmesGrown Solutions The best solutions for the best
 Steve> price!  http://ld.net/?holmesgrown

 Steve> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address
 Steve> on the emacspeak list send mail to
 Steve> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject of
 Steve> "unsubscribe" or "help"