CVS version of Emacspeak Still Breaks

I just pulled down the latest version of emacspeak yesterday and did a
make config with no problems but when I did the make step, I got the
following error and the build failed.  I then removed
emacspeak-websearch.elc and dependencies from the Makefile and then
the build finished successfully.  This rings similar to the problem
with the prod 19.0 version.
----- Begin make.log -----
cd lisp; make  SRC=/home/steve/cvs/emacspeak
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/steve/cvs/emacspeak/lisp'
emacs -batch -q -no-site-file  -l /home/steve/cvs/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-load-path.el -l /home/steve/cvs/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-loaddefs.el -l /home/steve/cvs/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-cus-load.el  -f batch-byte-compile emacspeak-websearch.el
While compiling toplevel forms in file /home/steve/cvs/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-websearch.el:
  !! Symbol's value as variable is void ((w3-mode-map))
Done
make[1]: *** [emacspeak-websearch.elc] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/cvs/emacspeak/lisp'
make: *** [emacspeak] Error 2
----- End make.log -----

--
HolmesGrown Solutions