speech server not running

Hello

I have successfully installed tcl, tk, tclx, stdiom, lesstif, viavoice rtk
(rpm) and sdk (rpm), and emacspeak, but I am unable to use emacspeak due to
following errors:

1. tcl outloud

inside - /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/
[localhost]# tcl outloud
Error: Could not load libibmeci.so
Please install the IBM ViaVoice Outloud RTK
    while executing
"load $tclTTS/tcleci.so"
    (file "outloud" line 337)
[localhost]#

2. $ emacspeak

This opens up the emacs window and the buffer generates following
information.  Apprantly, the speech-server is not running.  However when I
test the viavoice using cmdlinespeak resources, it works just fine.  I also
have the speech-server information at the end of /etc/profile.

(
(source)...done
(source)...done
(source)...done
(source)...done
(source)...done
For information about the GNU Project and its goals, type C-h C-p.
The speech server is not running.
ad-handle-definition: `occur-mode-goto-occurrence' got redefined
dtk-pause: Buffer *scratch* has no process

Any clues?  Could this be because I installed the viavoice using rpm and
everything else was built from the source code?  Is that why emacspeak
cannot find speech server?  Please advise.

Thanks a lot.

Vikram

Vikram Chhatre
Dalhousie University,