Re: documentation for emacspeak w/ doubletalk LT

Well, it kind of works. I did the apt-get and then re-ran
emacspeakconfig.  It came up talking through my doubletalk.  I think I have
a permissions problem on ttyS0 though. But I think I can take care of that.

Are there command line parameters I can use to get it to talk via  the
doubletalk when I have it connected. Normally, I'd like it to use dectalk
software.

At 05:25 PM 6/27/2005, you wrote:
>John,
>
>You don't mention if the doubletalk is working outside of emacspeak yet.
>
>If it is, you may just need emacspeak-ss.
>
>    apt-get install emacspeak-ss
>
>might be what you are missing.
>
>If the doubletalk is not yet working in debian outside of emacspeak
>you may not have the needed kernel modules built or part of your
>existing kernel.
>
>Let us know.
>
>-Greg
>--
>
>  Greg Priest-Dorman
>  priestdo@xxxxxxxxxxx

>John> I'm looking for documentation for getting emacspeak to work with my
>John> doubletalk LT on a debian system.  The installation howto says that
>drivers
>John> exist  but it provides a link to a Red Hat package. The link to the
>README
>John> doesn't work.
>

>John> --
>John> John G. Heim