Re: [emacspeak] running/testing flite with alsa support

   Now my emacspeak is a shell script in /usr/local/bin which
   is stolen from Bob Chassell's info document
   "Introducing Emacspeak".

Why not copy /usr/local/bin/emacspeak-eflite to
/usr/local/bin/emacspeak-alsa and make the necessary changes in the
latter?  Change the name, the comment that it uses eflite, and, most
importantly, DTK_PROGRAM.

That is what I did to Raman's original shell script in
/usr/bin/emacspeak

Or, you could rewrite the script to get rid of the non-conditional

     export DTK_PROGRAM=/usr/local/bin/eflite

rewrite the if ... fi segment to see a -alsa argument or something
like that, and call `emacspeak' with an appropriate argument.

I did not do that; I made the change very very simple.  Consequently,
`/usr/local/bin/emacspeak-eflite' is for eflite and
`/usr/local/bin/emacspeak-espeakf' is for espeakf.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    bob@xxxxxxxxxxx                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8