Re: running emacspeak + flite with alsa

Kalyan Mukherjea writes ("running emacspeak + flite with alsa"):
> Things seem to be working fine; though the quality of the voice has
> become slightly nasal!

Flite 1.2 and 1.3 do not sound exactly the same. I like 1.2 better so
that is what I included in teh statically linked binary you are
using. If you were using 1.2 before and are noticing a difference
to the alsa version, then something is wrong.

A general note to people who want to compile flite: You will need at
least 512 MB of Ram because some of the source files are very large.

> PS  I am unable to configure smtpmail to send mail to gmail.com.

Take a look at:

http://josefsson.org/smtpmail.html

Also look at recent discussions of this in the oralux mailing list.

Lukas