addressing rmail through emacspeak

hello.....

 I ran rmail through emacspeak . When i gave my local login address <xyz> in the to field the mail wasdelievered to me. But when i tried sending a mail to one of my friends sitting besides me i could not send it.Then i tried sending mail to his ip address , but even that was unfortunately a failure . I work on Fedora core 4 os and we are connected in lan . Can you guys please help me on as how to send mails to other people connected on lan through rmail

abhishek